Another Apron

Here is another apron that I made from a vintage pattern. A girl I worked with found the pattern at an antique shop and during lunch I cut out this apron. I was taking cake decorating classes after work and needed an apron, so one thing led to the next. Something to point out is that adding the rick-rack edging takes a long time. I had to baste the rick-rack in place by machine first, then sew the bias binding on, finally top-stitching around twice. 4 times around every edge is a lot of sewing. I like the way the rick-rack looks. Since this apron has sewing machines on it, I use to cover the dress form in my sewing room now. It is worn from use, but still is in pretty good condition.

Apron2

Apron2-Detail

Advertisements

3 Responses

  1. OH, that is cute, too!

  2. Hi there! I just came back over to say thank you for entering my giveaway! Good luck to you!

  3. How cute! I think I like it better than the last one – wasn’t sure that was possible!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: